Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Chapter 10: Black (Baby 20)


Make sure you read Aria Rapture's chapter after this one here! Two different point of views!

Sometimes, bad things happens to good people. Bad things that make you feel alone, empty, and hopeless. You are never alone, there is always someone. If you want to talk to someone, I am always willing to talk on my Tumblr, or call one of these hotlines. Someone always cares, you're never alone. It gets better.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Birthdays!



Evie, Angel, Bridget, and Kirk Spencer. Young Adults.


Apollo and Artemis Spencer. Teens.

Alex Spencer. Toddler.
Father: Brandon

Holden Spencer. Toddler.
Father: Joe

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are grey

You’ll never know dear

How much I love you

So please don’t take

My sunshine

Away…


“Ariel, hey…” Aperille snapped me out of my daze. “Ariel!”

“Huh… What?” I turned around and noticed she had a bunch of folders out on the table.

“North Funeral home or Brown Funeral Home?” She asked, pointing to the pictures of the different rooms.

“I don’t care, whichever is best.” I sighed and continued to stare out the window.

“Look, Ariel, I hate doing this as much as you do…” She continued talking to me. “But we have to get all of this planned.” I didn’t respond, so she shook her head and sighed. “Look, I’ll take this home and figure everything out, I’ll just need your final approval, okay?” I still didn’t respond. “I’ll be over later, Ariel. Take care of yourself…” A couple minutes later, I heard a door closing and a car driving away.

I don’t know how long I sat there, spaced out, not thinking about anything in particular, but I was jolted out of my bubble when I heard a knock at the door and someone making their way inside.

“Hey, Ariel, you here?” I heard a male voice call throughout the house. He looked eventually found his way to the living room, noticing me instantly. “Ah, Ariel!” I turned around, staring into the face of my twin brother.

Hah, twin. Although we were related, we looked nothing alike. His hazel eyes and brown hair matching his dark skin, with my red hair and white eyes making me stick out like a sore thumb. Quill and I were close in high school, but we lost touch after I moved away with Gene.

“Hey, are you okay?” His smile shone with worry, and everything came crashing down in that one moment. “Hey, Ars, don’t cry…” He sat down and hugged me. “Everything’ll be okay, everything’ll be fine…” He comforted me as I cried for the next couple of minutes, until we heard a car driving up the road.

“Ah, that must be our parents.” He got up and helped me up. We walked outside to see our mothers walking up the driveway.

“Ariel, honey…” My mom, Lilac, looked at me with a worried expression.

“Mommy!” I ran into her arms, tears threatening to burst through at any moment.

“Honey, honey, it’ll be okay, honey…” I could feel my mother sobbing, the warm tears making their way onto my hair.

A few days passed, and soon I found myself at the funeral home, attending the service.

As guests started to pile in, I felt more and more alone. Some of the guests I knew; some I didn’t.

“Hey, Ariel.” Aperille walked up, coming to a stop next to me. “Funny, huh? How so many people can cry when you’re gone, but hardly any will really miss you.”

“Yeah…” I hung my head, focusing on the floor below me, trying her best to hold back the tears that threatened to break through.
“Hey, look, the old gang’s back together!” Quill strutted up behind us, throwing his arms around the both of us. He had a smile plastered to his face, but it was obviously faked and tired. “It’s nice to see everyone again.”
“Not everyone…” I turned my head, not wanting to look at Quill’s smile; an attempt to make me feel better, no doubt.
“Hey,” Quill started to argue. “He had good reasons for leaving, you know that.”

“He should still be here…” Aperille turned her head, facing away from Quill and I.

The service went smoothly, with the occasional crying and fake emotional bullshit from people who could truly care less. Quill ventured off to get some sodas, and an hour later, he still wasn’t back yet.
 “Ugh!” I groaned at the phone after Quill hadn’t picked up the phone for the tenth time. “Where are you!?”
“Hey, I can’t get through to Aria, either.” Carter called from the other side of the room. “I haven’t seen her since she poured soda on me…” I sighed. Typical Aria, always having to make a scene.
Everyone had left, the only ones left were Danielle, Carter, Aperille, and I. We had given up on trying to contact Quill or Aria and waited for them to show up.
The door slammed shut, and Quill and Aria slipped through. I got up, infuriated at the fact that the both of them-two of the people I needed most right now-were missing.

“Where the hell were the two of you!?” I screamed at them, the grief and pain I had been feeling finally bursting through the barrier I had built up, as the tears poured down my face. "Did it occur to either one of you that I may have needed you? My boyfriend just died and my brother and best friend are nowhere to be found. What the hell were you guys even doing?" They looked at each other, the guilt radiating off of their whole bodies. The pieces fell together, slowly, then all at once. "You have got to be kidding me. No way. At Brandon's funeral, Aria?!"


Aria turned around and left the house, the door banging shut behind her. Carter followed, and you could hear the mumbled yelling through the thick wooden walls. I heard a car start and drive away. Danielle left the house to check on Aria, and neither came back.
“Ariel, I can expla--”
“Leave.” I interrupted Quill.
“Ariel…”
“Leave!” I pointed at the door. “Both of you!” I looked at Aperille, the only other one left in the house, as the kids were staying with their grandparents for a while. They both left, leaving me all alone.
Alone.
I was used to alone.
Even surrounded by people, I was alone.
Nothing but despair and loneliness.
That seemed to be all my life was capable of containing, was pain.
I walked into the bathroom, warm tears running down my face.
I slipped my hand into the medicine cabinet, pulling out multiple bottles of pills.
One by one, I opened them, pouring the contents onto the counter.
Choking down a sob, I swallowed them, letting the grief stream down my face. The world faded, and I slipped into the blackness of nothing.





Just wait, everything will be okay, even if you’re feeling like it’s going down in flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment